NEW Economy & Corrections
Stimulus Package Response
One Corrections.com user speaks out about the recession and makes some really interesting points. Tell us your thoughts and we'll post them here next week.
...As for spending the country out of recession, as much as many do not like the idea, it does work. When the idea was first applied, unemployment was at 25%. Two years later it was just under 15%. That is a 10% decline; the current unemployment rate is less than that (8.1% as of 4/1/09). Congress and the President panicked at the size of the deficits and reduced spending sending unemployment and the GDP in the wrong directions again... full post
Non- Emergency Transportation of Inmatesby William Sturgeon
Over the past several months there have been some news stories about prisoner escapes during transports. In this month’s session we are going to examine the Non- Emergency Transportation of inmates techniques and precautions. The transportation of inmates is a very dangerous task and every effort should be made to reduce the risks of the transporting officers getting hurt, the inmate (s) escaping, and protection of the general public. Any inmate, regardless of custody level, should be considered an ESCAPE RISK and therefore, all security policies and procedures must be followed.
- Stimulus Package
- Intergrating Building Design into Security Systems
- Evidence-Based Treatment Demonstrates Improved Recidivism Rates
Correctional Officer - Nebraska
Do you want to make a difference? Join our innovative agency that is seeking key individuals to serve and protect the public by providing control, humane care and habilitation services for inmates. full job posting
- May: Wellness
- June: Minority issues
- July: Women in Corrections
Want to Start A Female Correctional Support Group
usmccowgirl: I want to start a female correctional support group where I work. I have spoken with our Captain and he is in favor of it but I have to come up with a proposal. Any ideas of how I can get this started? Are there any out there that I can talk to to get mine started? full thread
- Keefe Group: Proud Supporter of Discovering Options
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED - March 28th and 29th Restoration Support for Houston’s Historic Oliv...
- Keefe Group Partners with Puppies Behind Bars
- Keefe Group Partners with the Big Brothers Big Sisters Amachi Program
- Westchester County Department of Corrections selects Primonics’ Televisit Corrections ...
- Achieving Measurable Success with Adjudicated Youth
April 16, 2009
Join us for this educational webinar with Fresh Lifelines for Youth (FLY Program), an organization that helps adjudicated youth turn their lives around by providing mentoring, legal education and leadership training.
- IACTP Call for Presentations
March 16 - April 30, 2009
When coming to this year’s conference [October 25th through October 28, 2009] don’t just plan on sitting through the workshops because this is your opportunity to share your knowledge with your peers.
- American Jail Association 28th Annual Training Conference and Jail Expo
April 26-30, 2009
The Louisville Metro Department of Corrections and the Kentucky Jailer's Association are proud to be the co-hosts for this year's conference in in Louisville, Ky.
- Hepatitis B & C with HIV Co-infection (live webcast)
April 29, 2009
The Management of HIV/ AIDS in the Correctional & Community Setting is an on-going satellite videoconference, and webcast series designed to address clinical issues in the management of HIV-infected patients
- Experience the Riot @ The Mock Prison Riot
May 3-6, 2009
The National Institute of Justice, Office of Justice Programs and the West Virginia High Technology Consortium Foundation host the Mock Prison Riot on the grounds of the former West Virginia Penitentiary in Moundsville, West Virginia.
- Desert Waters Correctional Outreach Staff Wellness through Positive Leadership Conference
May 7-8, 2009
This conference will provide criminal justice professionals with evidence-based strategies that boost staff wellness, morale and performance
interactive pocket calendar
quote of the week
"The best way to predict the future is to invent it."
- Alan Kay (computer scientist)