New blog "First Look" w/ Caitlin DonovanDon't you wish more people were excited about the Corrections industry? At Corrections.com we do and we've opened a new blog to attract newcomers to a career in the field. While we value our returning visitors, we want to make sure that there is enough information on our site for the newcomers to learn...
View the thread.
Safe & Saneby Caterina Spinaris Tudor , Ph.D.
If you ask me what I think are the two most important focus points for effective functioning in corrections, I’d have to say that the two top ones are SAFETY and SANITY. And these two are interdependent. If you don’t have safety, there goes your sanity. And if you don’t have sanity, you can forget about safety. full story
- The ‘GOD’ Complex
- FAMILY: The Ultimate Natural System
- Why Government Needs to Participate in Social Media
- July: Women in Corrections
- August: Off the Clock
- September: Education & Training
Just starting out
New2Corrections: For those of you who have gone through or are officers on the hiring board, what are my chances to secure this position? full thread
Dental Officer - Nation Wide
Incumbent serves as a general dental practitioner responsible for diagnosis and treatment of difficult dental problems in a correctional environment. full job posting
- Franklin County renews Day Reporting Center contract with BI Incorporated
- BI Incorporated Names Robert Murnock Area Sales Manager
- NaphCare announces renewal of pharmacy contract with Alabama Department of Public Health
- Keefe Group Partners with Puppies Behind Bars
- Keefe Group Partners with the Big Brothers Big Sisters Amachi Program
- Digital Solutions and Inmate Telephone, Inc. Celebrate Continued Growth with a Formal ...
- SSCA 40th Annual Conference
July 19-22, 2009
Southern States Correctional Association Annual Conference held in New Orleans, LA
- NABCJ Conference
July 19-23, 2009
National Association of Blacks in Criminal Justice Annual Conference and Training Institute held in Little Rock, AR
- United States Deputy Wardens' Association Annual Conference
July 26-30, 2009
Attending the event will be Deputy Wardens of public and private facilities from across the nation. The conference is being held in Lake Ozark, Missouri.
- ACA Summer Congress of Correction
August 7-12, 2009
Effective Re-entry is Good Public Safety. The event is being held in Nashville, Tennessee.
- ACFSA Annual Conference
August 16-20, 2009
The conference is being held in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
interactive pocket calendar
quote of the week
"A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds."
- Francis Bacon