Survival Tips If You Are Taken Hostageby Tracy E. Barnhart
According to the governor’s office, two people have been taken hostage by a prisoner with a knife at the Maine State Prison in Warren. The incident began mid-afternoon and a negotiating team has made limited contact with the prisoner. Official have not identified the inmate but say he is in jail for robbery and aggravated assault... full story
- Drug Abusing Offenders Not Getting Treatment They Need in Criminal Justice System
- Expanding Police Ability to Report Crime: The National Incident-Based Reporting System
- Verbal & Non-Verbal Deception Behavior Analysis
- August: Off the Clock
- September: Education & Training
- October: Health
Mandated CPR On Inmates: Good Or Not So Good?
Frank11Echo: Ohio DRC has recently mandated that CO’s learn CPR. They are also mandating CO’s perform CPR on inmates if the situation warrants. Is this good or not? full thread
Teacher - Nebraska
Provide year round group and individual Adult Basic Education, GED, and English as a Second Language instruction. Develop curricula appropriate to adult inmate needs.
full job posting
- County renews jail contract for health care
- Keefe Group Announces New Product Lines
- Digital Solutions / Inmate Telephone, Inc. Adds Online Account Registration
- BI Incorporated Names Robert Murnock Area Sales Manager
- NaphCare announces renewal of pharmacy contract with Alabama Department of Public Health
- PCS Awarded the Canadian County, Oklahoma Inmate Telephone Service Contract
- United States Deputy Wardens' Association Annual Conference
July 26-30, 2009
Attending the event will be Deputy Wardens of public and private facilities from across the nation. The conference is being held in Lake Ozark, Missouri.
- ACA Summer Congress of Correction
August 7-12, 2009
Effective Re-entry is Good Public Safety. The event is being held in Nashville, Tennessee.
- ACFSA Annual Conference
August 16-20, 2009
The conference is being held in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
interactive pocket calendar
quote of the week
"Action is the real measure of intelligence."
- Napoleon Hill