eBook now available on Corrections.com
Scars & Bars(download for $9.99) A Survival Guide for Corrections Officers and Their Families by Barry Evert
"No waiting, no suspense, no nonsense…just the facts and the advice you need to be an effective officer the minute you step onto the yard the first time."
want us to publish your ebook? email us.
How many gangs are in your facility?
OCCD: 3 or 4 active. Representatives of atleast 50. 80% of those who rep are posers, though. Lots of fakes...
The road to safety: Solutions to staff divisionby Joe Bouchard and Tracy Barnhart
I believe that staff division is easy and staff unity is hard to do. But, I think that realism is important. Like contraband control, we will never eradicate all possible problems that vex our profession. But we are in a better position if we can mitigate the problems. That said, I think that one of the best mindsets to achieve this is what I call the mission statement mentality. Every one of us in corrections has a part in safety for staff, offenders, and the public. Each agency mission statement highlights the importance of safety...
- A drive down Division Street
- Top Ten Rookie Officer Mistakes
- Secure Communities Initiative Identified More Than 111,000 Criminal Aliens in Its First Year
- December: Charity/Volunteerism
Jail Technician (Central Control) - Idaho
Operates the jail’s electronic security system using a control console allowing movement in and out of the jail as well as within the jail... full job posting
- The Access to Entertainment™ MP3 Program by Access Corrections™ Reaches 500,000 Song Do...
- King County renews multi-year contract with BI for offender monitoring systems
- Apprehender Cuffing Restraint Device revolutionizes cuffing procedures to Chief’s and ...
- Digital Solutions / Inmate Telephone, Inc. Donates Proceeds of Charity Golf Outing.
- BI Incorporated achieves ISO 9001: 2008 Certification for high quality standards
- Inmate Telephone Provider Bankruptcy Provides Both Challenge and Opportunity.
- Juvenile Probabtion Officer Training
Nov 29 - Dec 04, 2009
Juvenile Probation Officer Basic is a forty (40) hour workshop for the new probation officer (1 day to 1 year). Participants will experience simulations, role plays, and group practices.
interactive pocket calendar
quote of the week
"About the time we can make the ends meet, somebody moves the ends."
- Herbert Hoover