Tell It Like It Is
Four (4) Types of Correctional Violenceby Tracy E. Barnhart
When an officer recognizes the type of violence he is facing, he can customize his tactics for de-escalating it on the spot. By taking a general strategy and customizing it to specific tactics, he meets the needs of the moment... full story
co350: We as officers should be given the same rights as any other employee that can make a outside call at will. Management trust us to watch convicted felons 8-16 hours at a time yet you dont trust us to place phone calls.
What Are They Telling You That Makes You Fall In Love With Them?by Contrenia C. Fann
Claims of Sexual Misconduct in prison have more than doubled in eight years. A Deputy Warden I used to work with once asked me the following question, “Fann, all I want to know is, what are these inmates telling staff members to make them want to have any kind of relationship with them?” Another warden told me, “Don’t get your money where you get your honey.”
- Good Officer but Mistrusting Person
- Think like a contrabandist
- The Road to Safety: Leveling the Playing Field
- January: High Risk Offenders – Coverage of H1N1, AIDS and other high risk offenders
Corrections Director - SCORE
The ideal candidate is a seasoned correctional professional with an established reputation who has been directly responsible for a publicly owned and operated facility... full job posting
- The Access to Entertainment™ MP3 Program by Access Corrections™ Reaches 500,000 Song Do...
- King County renews multi-year contract with BI for offender monitoring systems
- Apprehender Cuffing Restraint Device revolutionizes cuffing procedures to Chief’s and ...
- Digital Solutions / Inmate Telephone, Inc. Donates Proceeds of Charity Golf Outing.
- BI Incorporated achieves ISO 9001: 2008 Certification for high quality standards
- Inmate Telephone Provider Bankruptcy Provides Both Challenge and Opportunity.
quote of the week
"It seems to be a law of nature, inflexible and inexorable, that those who will not risk cannot win.
- John Paul Jones