Become a fan of Corrections.com on Facebook!
Tell It Like It Is
Verbalization De-escalation Gridby Tracy E. Barnhart
You should always attempt to gain voluntary compliance through selected verbal strategies. However, your personal safety is the highest priority. Your initial verbalization to an aggressive individual should be to slow down the conflict event. Attempt to calm the individual and give them clear directions and attempt to explain your actions if the event allows. Redirect the individual’s anger to the past... full story
CERT rank structure
dreed: I’m in the process of trying to develop a ranking structure within our existing ERT. My observations are that the differences in shifts, and supervisory personnel tend to create problems when an emergency arises...
The Twenty Minute Trainer: Laugh a Lot, Live a Lotby Gary F. Cornelius, First Lt. (Retired)
I have to confess that I have always been known as the “class clown”. From grade school on, I reveled in doing impersonations, practical jokes, and telling puns. However, when I entered the field of corrections, I toned down the humor and toned up the seriousness of my profession. But, there was always room for humor.
- February: Juvenile - Coverage of Juvenile programs and projects
Deputy Executive Director for Programs & Professional Services
Cook County Juvenile Temporary Detention Center (IL)
Cook County is currently looking for a Deputy Executive Director for Programs and Professional Services to work in the JTDC Facility. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Deputy is responsible for formulating, organizing, and directing the overall support service functions for the facility’s ten (10) operating Centers as well as staff from all ancillary divisions. The Programs and Professional Services Department includes the following support services: Training and Professional Development; Policy Development and Quality Assurance; Gender-Responsive Programs; and Volunteer Services. The Deputy directly manages approximately ten (10) department directors and support staff.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties... full job posting
- Bob Barker Company donates over 15,000 Relief Kits to the Haiti relief effort
- Keefe Group Celebrates 35 Years of Innovative Solutions with Exceptional Service
- SECOND CHANCE ACT ADULT AND JUVENILE OFFENDER REENTRY DEMONSTRATION PROJECT FY2010 COMPETITIVE GRANT ANNOUNCEMENT
- Northpointe Releases New COMPAS Ad-Hoc Report Generator
- The Access to Entertainment™ MP3 Program by Access Corrections™ Reaches 500,000 Song Do...
- King County renews multi-year contract with BI for offender monitoring systems
- Apprehender Cuffing Restraint Device revolutionizes cuffing procedures to Chief’s and ...
- Digital Solutions / Inmate Telephone, Inc. Donates Proceeds of Charity Golf Outing.
- BI Incorporated achieves ISO 9001: 2008 Certification for high quality standards
quote of the week
"Lost time is never found again.
- Benjamin Franklin