Become a fan of Corrections.com on Facebook!
Tell It Like It Is
Hot Tip - "Gangster Disciple"by Tracy E. Barnhart
The history of the Gangster Disciples begins with Larry Hoover, who entered and rose through the ranks of the Chicago gang circuit in the 1960’s and took control of the gang in 1974 by leading a series of increasingly powerful alliances. He ended up running the gang from prison until he was transferred to a higher security wing in the 1990s... full story
External Peer Review
bwessel: Hello, Our facility is preparing for an ACA Accreditation inspection and one of the standards requires an external peer review of our physicians at least every 2 years. I am wondering how other facilities meet this standard...
A High Tech Synergy to Managing the Cyber-sex OffenderBy Art Bowker, Cybercrime Specialist, U.S. Pretrial and Probation Office, Ohio Northern
It is no secret that convicted sex offenders are increasing being found online, particularly on social networking sites. In February of 2009, MySpace had reportedly removed 90,000 sex offenders from its site since 2007.
- March: Security/Technology - New technology, conferences, managing gangs/threat groups
Deputy Executive Director for Resident Daily Life – Illinois – Cook County
Cook County is currently looking for a Deputy Executive Director for Resident Daily Life to work in the JTDC Facility. This position is located in Chicago, IL. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Deputy Executive Director is responsible for formulating, organizing and directing the overall functions of the JTDC’s ten (10) operating Centers. The Deputy will manage approximately ten (10) Team Leaders, thirty (30) Assistant Team Leaders and approximately three-hundred (300) direct care staff. To express interest or request additional information on this opportunity, please contact Carrie Hegenderfer at 312-433-7116 or email@example.com. To view a more detailed position description, please visit http://www.corrections.com/jobs/5012.full job posting
- Bob Barker Company donates over 15,000 Relief Kits to the Haiti relief effort
- Keefe Group Celebrates 35 Years of Innovative Solutions with Exceptional Service
- SECOND CHANCE ACT ADULT AND JUVENILE OFFENDER REENTRY DEMONSTRATION PROJECT FY2010 COMPETITIVE GRANT ANNOUNCEMENT
- Northpointe Releases New COMPAS Ad-Hoc Report Generator
- The Access to Entertainment™ MP3 Program by Access Corrections™ Reaches 500,000 Song Do...
- King County renews multi-year contract with BI for offender monitoring systems
- Apprehender Cuffing Restraint Device revolutionizes cuffing procedures to Chief’s and ...
- Digital Solutions / Inmate Telephone, Inc. Donates Proceeds of Charity Golf Outing.
- BI Incorporated achieves ISO 9001: 2008 Certification for high quality standards
quote of the week
A faithful friend is a strong defense; And he that hath found him hath found a treasure."
- Louisa May Alcott