Become a fan of Corrections.com on Facebook!
Tell It Like It Is
Worst-Case Scenario "Deadly Force"by Tracy E. Barnhart
I urge you to seek out your own agencies policy and laws in your own state. You have to not only understand the laws and policies but the political atmosphere within your agencies as well. The arena of deadly force is a murky pool to swim in but odds are you will have to jump in the water sometime during your career. Be safe, train hard and be aware of your surroundings. full story
OCCD: In my facility do rags are strictly forbidden, as is anything that can be used to hide contraband or one’s identity.
Spotlight: Montana’s Missoula Assessment and Sanction Center programsBy Amy L. Abendroth, Correctional Unit Manager for the MASC Program
- Confidence versus arrogance
- The Win-Win Effect of Dogs And Corrections
- National Study of Inmate Suicide
- June: From the Inside – Stories from Agency news letters [PIO’s please send your articles/stories to firstname.lastname@example.org]
Executive Director – Cook County Juvenile Temporary Detention Center
The Cook County Juvenile Temporary Detention Center (JTDC) provides safe and temporary secure housing for youth between the ages of 10 and 16 with pending legal action in the Cook County Courts in addition to youth who are transferred from Juvenile Court jurisdiction to Criminal Court. The JTDC is dedicated to providing its youth with leadership, structured care, and supervision through a balanced approach of creative programming and services that teach responsibility, accountability, and sensitivity. Each member of the JTDC staff is actively encouraged and supported in pursuit of creative participation, personal well-being, and professional development.full job posting
- 11th Annual Innovative Technologies for Corrections Conference
- 41st Annual SSCA Training Conference
- Texas Probation Officers Legislative Conference
- Innovative Justice Leader Joins Northpointe Institute for Public Management
- Los Angeles County Jail Benefits from Keefe Group’s The Edge® Inmate Kiosk and Wins Productivity and Quality Award
- Bob Barker Company donates over 15,000 Relief Kits to the Haiti relief effort
- Keefe Group Celebrates 35 Years of Innovative Solutions with Exceptional Service
- SECOND CHANCE ACT ADULT AND JUVENILE OFFENDER REENTRY DEMONSTRATION PROJECT FY2010 COMPETITIVE GRANT ANNOUNCEMENT
- Northpointe Releases New COMPAS Ad-Hoc Report Generator
- The Access to Entertainment™ MP3 Program by Access Corrections™ Reaches 500,000 Song Do...
- King County renews multi-year contract with BI for offender monitoring systems
- Apprehender Cuffing Restraint Device revolutionizes cuffing procedures to Chief’s and ...
quote of the week
"The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of 60 minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is. "
- C.S. Lewis