Become a fan of Corrections.com on Facebook!
Tell It Like It Is
How to Piss People Offby Tracy E. Barnhart
Have you ever met an officer who could piss off the Pope? The officer who always seems to have the most physical restraints and reportable incidents? full story
Does work sometimes conflict with home life?
shakey: Talk to your better half, let them know, even though this job means a lot to you, they will always be first.
Asset IntegrityBy William Daly , Acting Director, Salt River Department of Correction, co-authored by Margeret Heffernan
What is "asset integrity"? From a manufacturing standpoint, it really means protecting critical plants and machinery from damage, wear and tear. This is a top priority. But what about service industries, such as the field of Corrections? Companies where the largest asset are the brains of their employees. Shouldn't we be concerned about asset integrity, too?
- The Twenty Minute Trainer: What Do You Tell a Rookie
- Practical Perspectives: Realizing Profound Change requires Collaboration
- Preparedness, hostages, and hurricanes
- September – Food and Agriculture – Coverage of Food Service issues and Agriculture in corrections [Please send us stories of what you do when your "off the clock" to email@example.com]
Criminal Justice Analyst – California – Napa County
This is an at-will management classification in the County Executive Office. The position supports the County Executive Office and various Criminal Justice, Corrections and Public Safety Departments in the effective and efficient monitoring and analysis of all data and the quality assurance program(s).full job posting
- October 6th - Dermatological Manifestations of HIV Infection (Part of Management of HIV/AIDS in the Correctional and Community Setting)
- October 7th - Oregon Problem Kid Problem-Solver Workshop
- October 9th - National Conference on Correctional Health Care
- November 5th - Seattle WA The Problem Student Problem-Solver Workshop
- Wexford Health Sources launches new website
- Access Corrections™ MP3 and Media Program Reaches Over One Million Downloads
- iSECUREtrac and Bob Barker Company Announce Electronic Monitoring Partnership
- Innovative Justice Leader Joins Northpointe Institute for Public Management
- Los Angeles County Jail Benefits from Keefe Group’s The Edge® Inmate Kiosk and Wins Productivity and Quality Award
- Bob Barker Company donates over 15,000 Relief Kits to the Haiti relief effort
- Keefe Group Celebrates 35 Years of Innovative Solutions with Exceptional Service
- SECOND CHANCE ACT ADULT AND JUVENILE OFFENDER REENTRY DEMONSTRATION PROJECT FY2010 COMPETITIVE GRANT ANNOUNCEMENT
- Northpointe Releases New COMPAS Ad-Hoc Report Generator
- King County renews multi-year contract with BI for offender monitoring systems
- Apprehender Cuffing Restraint Device revolutionizes cuffing procedures to Chief’s and ...
quote of the week
"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson