Become a fan of Corrections.com on Facebook!
Fitter criminals than officers?
algrob: Since I have been in corrections I have started going to a health club and working out, also Gracie Brothers Jui Jitsu.
The Fall of the Neighborhood GangBy Andrew Eways, Maryland State Police
All across the United States, veteran gang members and veteran cops alike confirm that today’s gang members are different than the gang members of the past. They tend to be younger and less schooled in the customs and traditions of their gangs. Older gangsters are quick to complain about the lack of loyalty, lack of respect and overall recklessness of the younger generation.
- September – Food and Agriculture – Coverage of Food Service issues and Agriculture in corrections [Please send us stories of what you do when your "off the clock" to email@example.com]
Director – Community Alternatives of El Paso County – Colorado – Community Education Centers
In this role you will be responsible for managing the daily operations of a male and female Community Corrections facility. You will also provide supervision and motivation for employees of the programs. Ensuring quality of facility programs and compliance with Department of Corrections "DOC", American Corrections Association "ACA" and Division of Criminal Justice "DCJ" standards is paramount for this role. Monitoring the facility budget and keeping a clear customer focus is required.full job posting
- October 6th - Dermatological Manifestations of HIV Infection (Part of Management of HIV/AIDS in the Correctional and Community Setting)
- October 7th - Oregon Problem Kid Problem-Solver Workshop
- October 9th - National Conference on Correctional Health Care
- November 5th - Seattle WA The Problem Student Problem-Solver Workshop
- Wexford Health Sources launches new website
- Access Corrections™ MP3 and Media Program Reaches Over One Million Downloads
- iSECUREtrac and Bob Barker Company Announce Electronic Monitoring Partnership
- Innovative Justice Leader Joins Northpointe Institute for Public Management
- Los Angeles County Jail Benefits from Keefe Group’s The Edge® Inmate Kiosk and Wins Productivity and Quality Award
- Bob Barker Company donates over 15,000 Relief Kits to the Haiti relief effort
- Keefe Group Celebrates 35 Years of Innovative Solutions with Exceptional Service
- SECOND CHANCE ACT ADULT AND JUVENILE OFFENDER REENTRY DEMONSTRATION PROJECT FY2010 COMPETITIVE GRANT ANNOUNCEMENT
- Northpointe Releases New COMPAS Ad-Hoc Report Generator
- King County renews multi-year contract with BI for offender monitoring systems
- Apprehender Cuffing Restraint Device revolutionizes cuffing procedures to Chief’s and ...
quote of the week
"I'll go anywhere as long as it's forward."
- David Livingstone