Become a fan of Corrections.com on Facebook!
illuminati: A good image creates a role model figure and will earn you more respect when dealing with them.
Dying To Save a Few Bucks!By Kevin E. Bedore , Canadian Federal Correctional Officer, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Are we really training our officers to win? Unfortunately I do not think so. It sadly is the ideals of budgets and restraint thereof that is often the determining factor in what is deemed essential training with regard to officers. It is hard to fathom how 'saving a few bucks' could ever be seen by anybody as being favorable to 'saving a few lives'.
- Legendary Leaders
- Glory Grabbers and the flood of '86
- Practical Perspectives: Jail Inmate-Programming Management Strategy and Recidivism
- October – Health – Coverage of current health issues and programs [Please send us stories of what you do when your "off the clock" to email@example.com]
featured jobDetention Officer – Maryland – Anne Arundel County
Detention Officers with Anne Arundel County are career minded individuals who are part of a team of dedicated public safety officers. They take great pride in their community service by ensuring the safety and security of inmates and therefore, the citizens of this county. This is responsible work in adult corrections in maintaining order and supervising inmates in the County Detention Center.full job posting
- October 6th - Dermatological Manifestations of HIV Infection (Part of Management of HIV/AIDS in the Correctional and Community Setting)
- October 7th - Oregon Problem Kid Problem-Solver Workshop
- October 9th - National Conference on Correctional Health Care
- November 5th - Seattle WA The Problem Student Problem-Solver Workshop
- November 7th – IATCP [International Association of Correctional Training Personnel] 26th Annual Trainers – Boston
- Wexford Health Sources launches new website
- Access Corrections™ MP3 and Media Program Reaches Over One Million Downloads
- iSECUREtrac and Bob Barker Company Announce Electronic Monitoring Partnership
- Innovative Justice Leader Joins Northpointe Institute for Public Management
- Los Angeles County Jail Benefits from Keefe Group’s The Edge® Inmate Kiosk and Wins Productivity and Quality Award
- Bob Barker Company donates over 15,000 Relief Kits to the Haiti relief effort
- Keefe Group Celebrates 35 Years of Innovative Solutions with Exceptional Service
- SECOND CHANCE ACT ADULT AND JUVENILE OFFENDER REENTRY DEMONSTRATION PROJECT FY2010 COMPETITIVE GRANT ANNOUNCEMENT
- Northpointe Releases New COMPAS Ad-Hoc Report Generator
- King County renews multi-year contract with BI for offender monitoring systems
- Apprehender Cuffing Restraint Device revolutionizes cuffing procedures to Chief’s and ...
quote of the week
"I hated every minute of training, but I said, don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."
- Muhammad Ali