Become a fan of Corrections.com on Facebook!
Is ethics missing from training programs?
Sniper7310: I guess it just shows that either you have your own ethics or you dont.
Chronic Medical Diseases Among Jail and Prison InmatesBy Ingrid A. Bingswanger, MD, MPH
Jail and prison inmates are known to have a higher burden of infectious diseases, substance use disorders and psychiatric illness than the general, non-institutionalized population, but do they also have a higher burden of other chronic medical conditions, such as hypertension, diabetes, and asthma?
- October – Health – Coverage of current health issues and programs [Please send us stories of what you do when your "off the clock" to email@example.com]
featured jobNurse Practitioner – West Virginia – Mt. Olive Correctional Complex
An advanced registered nurse practitioner or physician assistant licensed in the state of West Virginia. Responsible and accountable for evaluating and treating inmates upon referral and acts as a consultant to the nursing staff. This is a Full - Time, 40 hours/week position at Mt. Olive Correctional Complex, located in Mt. Olive, WV.full job posting
- November 5th - Seattle WA The Problem Student Problem-Solver Workshop
- November 7th – IATCP [International Association of Correctional Training Personnel] 26th Annual Trainers – Boston
- January 28th, 2011 – ACA - 2011 Winter Conference
- Wexford Health Sources launches new website
- Access Corrections™ MP3 and Media Program Reaches Over One Million Downloads
- iSECUREtrac and Bob Barker Company Announce Electronic Monitoring Partnership
- Innovative Justice Leader Joins Northpointe Institute for Public Management
- Los Angeles County Jail Benefits from Keefe Group’s The Edge® Inmate Kiosk and Wins Productivity and Quality Award
- Bob Barker Company donates over 15,000 Relief Kits to the Haiti relief effort
- Keefe Group Celebrates 35 Years of Innovative Solutions with Exceptional Service
- SECOND CHANCE ACT ADULT AND JUVENILE OFFENDER REENTRY DEMONSTRATION PROJECT FY2010 COMPETITIVE GRANT ANNOUNCEMENT
- Northpointe Releases New COMPAS Ad-Hoc Report Generator
- King County renews multi-year contract with BI for offender monitoring systems
- Apprehender Cuffing Restraint Device revolutionizes cuffing procedures to Chief’s and ...
quote of the week
"Energy and persistence conquer all things"
- Benjamin Franklin