Become a fan of Corrections.com on Facebook!
Just Getting Started
kodiak2512: I would like to know if anyone can provide helpful tips fro getting started in the CJ community. My emphasis was probation and parole. I would love to work with juveniles but I just want to get going.
Better Serving the Deaf CommunityBy Jessalyn Frank, State Director, Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. (CSD) of Minnesota
It is important to be aware of the various forms of communications they may encounter. American Sign Language (ASL) is an official language, but there are other communication modes used by deaf and hard of hearing individuals. ASL is a visual language that makes use of the entire body, facial expressions, gestures, body movements, and hand signs. It does not follow English word order and there is no written format of ASL.
- Mentoring: Dominate, Accommodate, or Enable
- Practical Perspectives: Conflict Management from a Jail Administrator’s Perspective
- Think about it: "LOOK BEFORE YOU TOUCH..."
- November – Agency Budgets – What are the budget busters and monetary issues effecting corrections [Please send your articles/stories to email@example.com]
featured jobMedical Director – West Virginia – Wexford Health Sources
The Wexford Regional Medical Director is responsible for providing leadership in administrative matters, clinical program development, quality management, utilization management, staff education, and leadership development in the region in a manner consistent with the corporate objectives and philosophy of Wexford Health Sources.full job posting
- November 5th - Seattle WA The Problem Student Problem-Solver Workshop
- November 7th – IATCP [International Association of Correctional Training Personnel] 26th Annual Trainers – Boston
- January 28th, 2011 – ACA - 2011 Winter Conference
- Wexford Health Sources launches new website
- Access Corrections™ MP3 and Media Program Reaches Over One Million Downloads
- iSECUREtrac and Bob Barker Company Announce Electronic Monitoring Partnership
- Innovative Justice Leader Joins Northpointe Institute for Public Management
- Los Angeles County Jail Benefits from Keefe Group’s The Edge® Inmate Kiosk and Wins Productivity and Quality Award
- Bob Barker Company donates over 15,000 Relief Kits to the Haiti relief effort
- Keefe Group Celebrates 35 Years of Innovative Solutions with Exceptional Service
- SECOND CHANCE ACT ADULT AND JUVENILE OFFENDER REENTRY DEMONSTRATION PROJECT FY2010 COMPETITIVE GRANT ANNOUNCEMENT
- Northpointe Releases New COMPAS Ad-Hoc Report Generator
- King County renews multi-year contract with BI for offender monitoring systems
- Apprehender Cuffing Restraint Device revolutionizes cuffing procedures to Chief’s and ...
quote of the week
"Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out."
- James B. Conant