Become a fan of Corrections.com on Facebook!
BigJr67: I am interested in finding out what other departments or facilities have in place for feeding inmates other than normal meals.
Six Myths Why We Can't Manage Sex Offender's Computer/Internet UseBy Art Bowker, Cybercrime Specialist
The real issue is not "we can't", but we need resources, training, staff, and equipment to accomplish this task. This is the true argument. We also need serious studies of what can be only pointed to as anecdotal evidence that today's cyber-supervision practices are protecting minors from victimization.
- November – Agency Budgets – What are the budget busters and monetary issues effecting corrections [Please send your articles/stories to firstname.lastname@example.org]
featured jobCorrections Officer (entry level) – Washington – Sunnyside Police Department
Under the direction of an assigned Communication/Corrections Sergeant to perform all activities in the receiving, booking, custody, transport and care of inmates in the City Jail in accordance with the established policies and procedures.full job posting
- January 28th, 2011 – ACA - 2011 Winter Conference
- May 15th – AJA’s 30th Annual Training Conference & Jail Expo
- Wexford Health Sources launches new website
- Access Corrections™ MP3 and Media Program Reaches Over One Million Downloads
- iSECUREtrac and Bob Barker Company Announce Electronic Monitoring Partnership
- Innovative Justice Leader Joins Northpointe Institute for Public Management
- Los Angeles County Jail Benefits from Keefe Group’s The Edge® Inmate Kiosk and Wins Productivity and Quality Award
- Bob Barker Company donates over 15,000 Relief Kits to the Haiti relief effort
- Keefe Group Celebrates 35 Years of Innovative Solutions with Exceptional Service
- SECOND CHANCE ACT ADULT AND JUVENILE OFFENDER REENTRY DEMONSTRATION PROJECT FY2010 COMPETITIVE GRANT ANNOUNCEMENT
- Northpointe Releases New COMPAS Ad-Hoc Report Generator
- King County renews multi-year contract with BI for offender monitoring systems
- Apprehender Cuffing Restraint Device revolutionizes cuffing procedures to Chief’s and ...
quote of the week
"Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change."