Become a fan of Corrections.com on Facebook!
Happy New Year from the staff of corrections.com!
Does work sometimes conflict with home life?
CHZBURGR: I actually have to try to not think about work.
Juvenile Corrections: A Noble Cause, and a Humbling ExperienceBy Billy S. Humphrey
I was asked to assist with Juvenile Justice reform efforts in 2007. It was one of the most stressful and the most rewarding experiences of my career. There were some immediate adjustments required of me during the early months of this assignment due to the fact that most of my professional background was in adult corrections.
- "Did you tell them who you are?" Improving the Perceptions of Corrections Programming Staff
- Compassion Fatigue and Corrections Officers
- Hazmat Suit for the Soul
- Practical Perspectives: Thoughts on Leadership and Subordinate Development (Part I of II)
- January – Juvenile – Coverage of Juvenile programs and projects [Please send your articles/stories to firstname.lastname@example.org]
featured jobFull-Time Physician Assistant – NaphCare, Inc – Nueces County Jail in Corpus Christi, Texas
NaphCare is seeking s full-time PA to work at the Nueces County Jail in Corpus Christi, Texas. The position is full-time, Monday-Friday (w/ call), day shift. Must have current TX PA license, CPR and a desire to provide quality healthcare for incarcerated individuals. Compensation is generous based on experience and malpractice insurance is provided. NaphCare also offers a full range of benefits, paid time off and paid holidays!full job posting
- January 28th, 2011 – ACA - 2011 Winter Conference
- May 15th, 2011 – AJA’s 30th Annual Training Conference & Jail Expo
- May 21, 2011 – NCCHC - Updates in Correctional Health Care: Emerging Issues
- NaphCare announces contract with Florida Department of Juvenile Justice – Central Region
- NaphCare announces contract with Nueces County Department of Corrections
- Wexford Health Sources launches new website
- Access Corrections™ MP3 and Media Program Reaches Over One Million Downloads
- iSECUREtrac and Bob Barker Company Announce Electronic Monitoring Partnership
- Innovative Justice Leader Joins Northpointe Institute for Public Management
- Los Angeles County Jail Benefits from Keefe Group’s The Edge® Inmate Kiosk and Wins Productivity and Quality Award
- Bob Barker Company donates over 15,000 Relief Kits to the Haiti relief effort
- Keefe Group Celebrates 35 Years of Innovative Solutions with Exceptional Service
- SECOND CHANCE ACT ADULT AND JUVENILE OFFENDER REENTRY DEMONSTRATION PROJECT FY2010 COMPETITIVE GRANT ANNOUNCEMENT
- Northpointe Releases New COMPAS Ad-Hoc Report Generator
quote of the week
"Always desire to learn something useful."