Become a fan of Corrections.com on Facebook!
The Three C's (Computers, Crime and Corrections)
Corrections Responses for Juvenile SextingBy Art Bowker, Cybercrime Specialist
With the increased use of mobile devices, particularly by our youth, we now have minors involved in juvenile sexting. How could I have not realized that juveniles would actually be creating their own child pornography with the future’s technology? What are the corrections implications for this activity?
Does work sometimes conflict with home life?
joe1996: Explain the consequences of not cooperating. Give them a final chance to settle down, then execute the consequence.
What Works in Corrections: Deciding to ChangeBy Daniel Patrick Downen M.S. AJ/S
We can not fix what we do not acknowledge is broken. To do this with as much precision as possible we must take a look at how we are presently doing. For the sake of this article I am not referring to the overall goal of recidivism reduction but rather to facility stewardship.
- Destination Intimidation Part 2 – The Anti-intellectual Bully
- Juvenile Corrections: A Noble Cause, and a Humbling Experience
- Hells Angels: Not A Big Force in Montana
- January – Juvenile – Coverage of Juvenile programs and projects [Please send your articles/stories to firstname.lastname@example.org]
featured jobAssistant Director Juvenile Services – Texas – Dallas County
Dallas County is currently recruiting for an Assistant Director Juvenile Services. The successful incumbent will plan, organize and supervise managerial staff in the areas of probation, institutional, psychological and contracts services to ensure compliance with applicable laws, policies and procedures and established program guidelines.full job posting
- January 28th, 2011 – ACA - 2011 Winter Conference
- May 15th, 2011 – AJA’s 30th Annual Training Conference & Jail Expo
- May 21, 2011 – NCCHC - Updates in Correctional Health Care: Emerging Issues
- NaphCare announces contract with Florida Department of Juvenile Justice – Central Region
- NaphCare announces contract with Nueces County Department of Corrections
- Wexford Health Sources launches new website
- Access Corrections™ MP3 and Media Program Reaches Over One Million Downloads
- iSECUREtrac and Bob Barker Company Announce Electronic Monitoring Partnership
- Innovative Justice Leader Joins Northpointe Institute for Public Management
- Los Angeles County Jail Benefits from Keefe Group’s The Edge® Inmate Kiosk and Wins Productivity and Quality Award
- Bob Barker Company donates over 15,000 Relief Kits to the Haiti relief effort
- Keefe Group Celebrates 35 Years of Innovative Solutions with Exceptional Service
- SECOND CHANCE ACT ADULT AND JUVENILE OFFENDER REENTRY DEMONSTRATION PROJECT FY2010 COMPETITIVE GRANT ANNOUNCEMENT
- Northpointe Releases New COMPAS Ad-Hoc Report Generator
quote of the week
"Age is opportunity no less than youth itself."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow