Become a fan of Corrections.com on Facebook!
Where in the world are you
Canusxiii: 6 years NJDOC.Still kicking.Still learning.
Notes to NewbiesBy Joe Bouchard
Although it was over 17 years ago for me, I remember my first days in corrections in the same detail as though it were my latest meal.
- Practical Perspectives: Thoughts on Leadership and Subordinate Development (Part II of II)
- Theory and Practice
- Overhaul Probation/Parole Supervision
- February – International – Highlighting corrections systems and personnel worldwide [Please send your articles/stories to firstname.lastname@example.org]
featured jobCorrections Officer (level II and up) – Florida – Orange County Corrections
Minimum Qualifications Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an area to be specified by the department based on area of assignment and five (5) years of experience in a directly-related field, to include two (2) years of supervisory experience. Must possess and maintain a valid State of Florida Class "E" Driver's License. Must possess and maintain State of Florida Correctional Officer Certification. . Preferences Prefer Applicants with: Two (2) or more years of supervisory experience in a Correctional environment at a level equivalent to or higher than a Lieutenant or mid-level manager. Knowledge of Florida Model Jail Standards. Effective Oral/Written Communication Skills. Excellent Interpersonal Skills.full job posting
- April 4, 2011 – National Forum on Correctional Security
- May 15th, 2011 – AJA’s 30th Annual Training Conference & Jail Expo
- May 21, 2011 – NCCHC - Updates in Correctional Health Care: Emerging Issues
- NaphCare announces contract with Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Centric Group Announces Acquisition of Inmate Calling Solutions
- NaphCare announces contract with Florida Department of Juvenile Justice – Central Region
- NaphCare announces contract with Nueces County Department of Corrections
- Wexford Health Sources launches new website
- Access Corrections™ MP3 and Media Program Reaches Over One Million Downloads
- iSECUREtrac and Bob Barker Company Announce Electronic Monitoring Partnership
- Innovative Justice Leader Joins Northpointe Institute for Public Management
- Los Angeles County Jail Benefits from Keefe Group’s The Edge® Inmate Kiosk and Wins Productivity and Quality Award
- Bob Barker Company donates over 15,000 Relief Kits to the Haiti relief effort
- Keefe Group Celebrates 35 Years of Innovative Solutions with Exceptional Service
quote of the week
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot."
- Michael Althsuler