Become a fan of Corrections.com on Facebook!
12 Hour Shifts
Heat Bag: Everyone at our center loves the 12hr shifts. Its a fight to get on them.
Public Commenting Period on PREA Standard Revisions Now OpenBy Donna Ledbetter, National Institute of Corrections, Research and Information Services Division
From now until April 4, 2011, the public has the opportunity to comment on the Department of Justice’s proposed updates to standards for addressing rape in a correctional facility as proposed by the Prison Rape Elimination Commission in 2009. The commission was established through the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) of 2003 to report on the state and prevalence of rape in correctional facilities.
- Avoid the 10 Qualities of the Anti-leader
- Practical Perspectives: Are You at Your Tipping Point?
- The Routine Activity Theory Applied to Corrections: Why We Need Quality Rounds
- Can America Continue to Operate Its Prisons
- March – Security/Technology – New technology, conferences, managing gangs/threat groups [Please send your articles/stories to email@example.com]
featured jobWarden – Nevada – Nevada Dept of Corrections
Incumbents function as managers who train, supervise and evaluate the performance of subordinate supervisors; develop policies and procedures; and allocate staff and resources to accomplish goals and objectives. Under the Direction of the Director and Deputy Director within the Department of Corrections, plans, organizes, administers, monitors, controls and evaluates through performance measures the custody, programming and operation functions of a correctional institution or a group of institutions.full job posting
- March 25, 2011 – Michigan Corrections Association – Less than Lethal Alternatives in Controlling Offender Behavior
- April 4, 2011 – National Forum on Correctional Security
- April 16, 2011 – NAAWS 2011 Training Conference
- May 15th, 2011 – AJA’s 30th Annual Training Conference & Jail Expo
- May 21, 2011 – NCCHC - Updates in Correctional Health Care: Emerging Issues
- June 12, 2011 – NLECTC - Innovative Technologies for Corrections Conference
- Sept 12, 2011 – High Technology Crime Investigation Association, International Training Conference & Expo
- NaphCare announces contract with Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Centric Group Announces Acquisition of Inmate Calling Solutions
- NaphCare announces contract with Florida Department of Juvenile Justice – Central Region
- NaphCare announces contract with Nueces County Department of Corrections
- Wexford Health Sources launches new website
- Access Corrections™ MP3 and Media Program Reaches Over One Million Downloads
- iSECUREtrac and Bob Barker Company Announce Electronic Monitoring Partnership
- Innovative Justice Leader Joins Northpointe Institute for Public Management
- Los Angeles County Jail Benefits from Keefe Group’s The Edge® Inmate Kiosk and Wins Productivity and Quality Award
- Bob Barker Company donates over 15,000 Relief Kits to the Haiti relief effort
- Keefe Group Celebrates 35 Years of Innovative Solutions with Exceptional Service
quote of the week
"To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom."
- Bertrand Russell