Become a fan of Corrections.com on Facebook!
The Three C's (Computers, Crime and Corrections)
A Primer on Criminal Association in Cyberspace
SNS are used by offenders in much the same way as the general public, i.e. to communicate and maintain contact with friends and relatives and to make new contacts who share similar interests. However, when supervised offenders have contact with other offenders via a SNS, they are violating their association condition.full story
Medics as CO's??
tacmedic: Other than the tactical teams do any facilities use EMT’s/Medics on a regular basis?
Flavor of the MonthBy Caterina Spinaris Tudor, Ph.D.
I was doing a training recently when the subject of divorce in corrections came up. I could almost feel the pain in the room pouring out of people’s hearts. When later on I received this article, submitted to me by a female corrections officer (who gave me permission to reprint it anonymously), I knew I had to share it with as many people in corrections as I could.
- A few Thoughts on Leadership
- Seeking Justice in the Craigslist Killer Case
- Public Commenting Period on PREA Standard Revisions Now Open
- March – Security/Technology – New technology, conferences, managing gangs/threat groups [Please send your articles/stories to firstname.lastname@example.org]
Correctional Facility & Work Camp Superintendent – Residential Re-Entry – St. Johnsbury Vermont – Vermont Department of Corrections
The Vermont Department of Corrections seeks a seasoned, proven leader challenged to manage the Northeast Regional Correctional Facility and the Caledonia Work Camp located in St. Johnsbury Vermont. The Northeast Regional Correctional Facility is a 130 bed medium-security regional facility, housing pre-trial detentioners and sentenced adult males, and providing temporary housing of male and female intakes, as well as public inebriates.full job posting
- March 25, 2011 – Michigan Corrections Association – Less than Lethal Alternatives in Controlling Offender Behavior
- April 4, 2011 – National Forum on Correctional Security
- April 16, 2011 – NAAWS 2011 Training Conference
- May 15th, 2011 – AJA’s 30th Annual Training Conference & Jail Expo
- May 21, 2011 – NCCHC - Updates in Correctional Health Care: Emerging Issues
- June 12, 2011 – NLECTC - Innovative Technologies for Corrections Conference
- Sept 12, 2011 – High Technology Crime Investigation Association, International Training Conference & Expo
- NaphCare's Bill Kissel - New Georga State Chairperson of CIT
- NaphCare announces contract with Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Centric Group Announces Acquisition of Inmate Calling Solutions
- NaphCare announces contract with Florida Department of Juvenile Justice – Central Region
- NaphCare announces contract with Nueces County Department of Corrections
- Wexford Health Sources launches new website
- Access Corrections™ MP3 and Media Program Reaches Over One Million Downloads
- iSECUREtrac and Bob Barker Company Announce Electronic Monitoring Partnership
- Innovative Justice Leader Joins Northpointe Institute for Public Management
- Los Angeles County Jail Benefits from Keefe Group’s The Edge® Inmate Kiosk and Wins Productivity and Quality Award
- Bob Barker Company donates over 15,000 Relief Kits to the Haiti relief effort
- Keefe Group Celebrates 35 Years of Innovative Solutions with Exceptional Service
quote of the week
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
- Oscar Wilde