Become a fan of Corrections.com on Facebook!
The Three C's (Computers, Crime and Corrections)
The 21st Century Substance Abuser: Cyberspace Intersecting with the Drug Culture
Let me show you how what happens in cyberspace can have real world consequences.full story
C.O. Combat Training
COGrim: I’m very interested in hearing my fellow C.O.’s thoughts and experiences with what training they are given (or NOT given) for the job. Are YOU trained and properly equipped at YOUR facility?
Correctional Force in the Form of Effective Relationships
David committed some very violent acts that got him into administrative segregation. From that point on he waged a war with staff. He remained at war continuously while in administrative segregation for 12 years. He worked out in his cell and was full of hate and violence to the extent that he almost seemed to look forward to every forced cell entry to see if he could defeat the team of officers.
- Why Judicial Corporal Punishment Is Better Than Incarceration
- Assessing Less Desirable Tasks
- Practical Perspectives – Leadership Philosophy: Do You Have One?
- April – Women in Corrections – Profiling successful women practitioners and focusing on issues they face. [Please send your articles/stories to email@example.com]
Medical Director/Physician – NaphCare, Inc. – Nueces County Jail in Corpus Christi, Texas
Medical Director/Physician Part-Time Flexible Shifts!! $150/hr! Paid Malpractice! NaphCare currently has an opening for a part-time MD/DO to work two 4-hr shifts/week at the Nueces County Jail in Corpus Christi, Texas.full job posting
- April 16, 2011 – NAAWS 2011 Training Conference
- May 15th, 2011 – AJA’s 30th Annual Training Conference & Jail Expo
- May 21, 2011 – NCCHC - Updates in Correctional Health Care: Emerging Issues
- June 12, 2011 – NLECTC - Innovative Technologies for Corrections Conference
- June 18, 2011 – The College on Problems of Drug Dependence – Trauma-Informed Care: An Essential Element of Recovery
- Sept 12, 2011 – High Technology Crime Investigation Association, International Training Conference & Expo
- NaphCare's Bill Kissel - New Georgia State Chairperson of CIT
- NaphCare announces contract with Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Centric Group Announces Acquisition of Inmate Calling Solutions
- NaphCare announces contract with Florida Department of Juvenile Justice – Central Region
- NaphCare announces contract with Nueces County Department of Corrections
- Wexford Health Sources launches new website
- Access Corrections™ MP3 and Media Program Reaches Over One Million Downloads
- iSECUREtrac and Bob Barker Company Announce Electronic Monitoring Partnership
- Innovative Justice Leader Joins Northpointe Institute for Public Management
- Los Angeles County Jail Benefits from Keefe Group’s The Edge® Inmate Kiosk and Wins Productivity and Quality Award
- Bob Barker Company donates over 15,000 Relief Kits to the Haiti relief effort
- Keefe Group Celebrates 35 Years of Innovative Solutions with Exceptional Service
quote of the week
"Truth is always exciting. Speak it, then; life is dull without it."
- Pearl S. Buck