Become a fan of Corrections.com on Facebook!
The Three C's (Computers, Crime and Corrections)
Online Gambling: Offenders Trying to Roll "7's" in a Binary World
Why should community corrections officers be concerned about gambling issues, including the online variety? If it is legal what is the big deal?full story
Need to measure success of offender programs?
Kellie: Our facility sends more inmates out the door with their GED’s than any place I can think of. This is outstanding and good use of tax payer money.
The 'Spark of Learning': Some Advice for the Training Instructor
We all have been through the "rookie training" and were glad when we finally graduated from the academy. But the "spark" that a conscientious jail officer develops in training should not be extinguished. I have met many jail officers that want to continue learning throughout their careers. The fire that is lit in the recruit academy never goes out. The trick is to employ training methods and techniques that keep that flame lit.
- The Prison Library as Pro-Social Institution
- Assessing Contraband Quantities
- Correctional Force in the Form of Effective Relationships
- April – Women in Corrections – Profiling successful women practitioners and focusing on issues they face. [Please send your articles/stories to firstname.lastname@example.org]
Corrections Officer (entry level) – Idaho Department of Corrections
Join the Idaho Department of Correction Team! Current openings in the Twin Falls facility for a Correctional Officer! The Idaho Department of Correction offers great benefits and professional training. We also offer advancement opportunities for Correctional Officers including careers in counseling, teaching, probation and parole, administration, and management.full job posting
- April 16, 2011 – NAAWS 2011 Training Conference
- May 15th, 2011 – AJA’s 30th Annual Training Conference & Jail Expo
- May 21, 2011 – NCCHC - Updates in Correctional Health Care: Emerging Issues
- June 12, 2011 – NLECTC - Innovative Technologies for Corrections Conference
- June 18, 2011 – The College on Problems of Drug Dependence – Trauma-Informed Care: An Essential Element of Recovery
- Sept 12, 2011 – High Technology Crime Investigation Association, International Training Conference & Expo
- NaphCare's Bill Kissel - New Georgia State Chairperson of CIT
- NaphCare announces contract with Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Centric Group Announces Acquisition of Inmate Calling Solutions
- NaphCare announces contract with Florida Department of Juvenile Justice – Central Region
- NaphCare announces contract with Nueces County Department of Corrections
- Wexford Health Sources launches new website
- Access Corrections™ MP3 and Media Program Reaches Over One Million Downloads
- iSECUREtrac and Bob Barker Company Announce Electronic Monitoring Partnership
- Innovative Justice Leader Joins Northpointe Institute for Public Management
- Los Angeles County Jail Benefits from Keefe Group’s The Edge® Inmate Kiosk and Wins Productivity and Quality Award
- Bob Barker Company donates over 15,000 Relief Kits to the Haiti relief effort
- Keefe Group Celebrates 35 Years of Innovative Solutions with Exceptional Service
quote of the week
"The heresy of one age becomes the orthodoxy of the next."
- Helen Keller