Become a fan of Corrections.com on Facebook!
New: Naphcare launches new blog and community pages!
Our Corrections.com developers have been working all month with NaphCare to launch their new site blog. It’s ready! Check it out and don’t forget to bookmark it. http://blog.naphcare.com/ They also have a new community page with all they do to give back.
Best way to handle unruly inmate
plberes: I find out whats going on first. There is usually a good reason. I get to the bottom of games.
Part II: The Prison Library as Cultural Connection
There are two demographics shared by all the readers of my library collection. All my readers are adult and male; they are also criminals. Managing a prison library based on demographics and statistics could be tedious and boring, but not when I am passionately pursuing the goal to create the most fertile ground for increasing literacy in the prison population.
- De facto and Respected Authority
- Calling It What It Is
- How the American Prison Population Grew
- The 'Spark of Learning': Some Advice for the Training Instructor
- April – Women in Corrections – Profiling successful women practitioners and focusing on issues they face. [Please send your articles/stories to email@example.com]
Earn Your Criminal Justice Degree where you can count John D. Rockefeller and Harvey Firestone as fellow Alumni
Founded in 1848, Chancellor University has notable alumni including industry tycoons John D. Rockefeller, Harvey Firestone and Theodore Ernst. A Criminal Justice Degree from Chancellor University is available 100% online and covers a broad spectrum of the criminal justice arena and prepares graduates for many different careers in law enforcement, security and corrections fields. If you are currently serving in law enforcement and have graduated from a state certified police academy, you also may qualify for up to 27 hours of block credit toward your degree. Chancellor University also offers a discounted public safety and military tuition rate of $250/credit hour.
- May 15th, 2011 – AJA’s 30th Annual Training Conference & Jail Expo
- May 21, 2011 – NCCHC - Updates in Correctional Health Care: Emerging Issues
- June 12, 2011 – NLECTC - Innovative Technologies for Corrections Conference
- June 18, 2011 – The College on Problems of Drug Dependence – Trauma-Informed Care: An Essential Element of Recovery
- Sept 12, 2011 – High Technology Crime Investigation Association, International Training Conference & Expo
- NaphCare's Chief Medical Officer and Corporate Director of Psychiatry to Present at NCCHC's Spring Conference
- NaphCare's Bill Kissel - New Georgia State Chairperson of CIT
- NaphCare announces contract with Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Centric Group Announces Acquisition of Inmate Calling Solutions
- NaphCare announces contract with Florida Department of Juvenile Justice – Central Region
- NaphCare announces contract with Nueces County Department of Corrections
- Wexford Health Sources launches new website
- Access Corrections™ MP3 and Media Program Reaches Over One Million Downloads
- iSECUREtrac and Bob Barker Company Announce Electronic Monitoring Partnership
- Innovative Justice Leader Joins Northpointe Institute for Public Management
- Los Angeles County Jail Benefits from Keefe Group’s The Edge® Inmate Kiosk and Wins Productivity and Quality Award
- Bob Barker Company donates over 15,000 Relief Kits to the Haiti relief effort
quote of the week
"Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them. A desire, a dream, a vision."
- Muhammed Ali