Criminal Rehab Program>>what's your opinion?
Rehabilitation involves so much more than drugs as you pointed out. The cost of rehabilitation is very high. Depending on who is funding it and how successful it is at preventing recidivism is always going to be a debatable subject. ...
The workplace in 2014 - So you want to be a Mentor? By Carl ToersBijns, former deputy warden, ASPC Eyman, Florence AZ
You have heard the word around the workplace before. Some have whispered it while others have said the word “mentor” out loud telling everybody it has already made a big difference in how they see the job, do the job and benefit from the job with greater satisfaction and learning. Most endeavors benefit from mentorship and law enforcement is certainly one of the most effective work environments where mentors or tenured employees can guide and encourage new and veteran employees into a new direction.
Also this week:
- January – Innovation – People/ideas that move corrections forward [Please send your articles/stories to email@example.com]
Responsible for the overall management of the San Luis Detention Center in compliance with Emerald Correctional Management.
Responsibility/Authority: Directly supervises Compliance, ACA/QA, Finance, Human Resources, and Assistant Warden.
Skills/Knowledge: Supervisory and administrative skills are essential. Good communication skill. Ability to delegate and manage multiple tasks at one time. Skill in making decisions under stress. Knowledge of correctional procedures and protocol. Must be able to perform tasks and lead in accordance with all applicable State and Federal Guidelines. ....
full job posting
- Jan 31-Feb 5, 2014 – 2014 American Correctional Association- Winter Conference- Tampa, Florida
- Feb 21-23, 2014 – Southern States Correctional Association Mid Winter Training Conference- Savannah, Georgia
- Apr 5-8, 2014 – Spring Conference on Correctional Health Care- Atlanta, GA
- Apr 10-12, 2014 – 2014 Mental Health in Corrections Conference- Springfield, MO
- Apr 23-26, 2014 – NAAWS 2014 Training Conference- Memphis, TN
- Apr 27-30, 2014 – American Jail Association’s 33rd Annual Training Conference & Jail Expo- Dallas, TX
- Jun 11-14, 2014 – 2014 MASCA 76th Annual Conference - Washington, D.C.
- Jul 18-19, 2014 – Correctional Health Care Leadership Institutes - Denver, CO
- Jul 20-21, 2014 – Correctional Mental Health Care Conference - Denver, CO
- Oct 18-22, 2014 – National Conference on Correctional Health Care - Las Vegas, NV
quote of the week
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.