Perception of Correctional staff>>what's your opinion?
Correctional officers have supervised and managed thousands of murderers, sex offenders, thieves and drunk drivers while housed inside their jails and prisons. Yet on any given day, they don’t palaver much on these things surrounding them twenty four seven. They don’t talk much about how this job they have impacts their lives and minds. It’s just a routine that nobody else seems to understand...
Correctional Officers Don’t Palaver Much Carl ToersBijns
We have a very good topic for discussion this month. Off the clock, what do practitioners do in their leisure time? To respond to this question may not be as easy as one thinks. Our chosen activities can be positive or negative. Are we maintaining healthy lifestyles or the opposite?..
Also this week:
The Case Manager provides case management and counseling services to inmates/residents and their families. This position assists the inmates/residents becoming aware of strengths and needs in adjusting socially to their environments...
full job posting
- Aug 15-20, 2014 – American Correctional Association (ACA) 2014 Congress of Correction
- Aug 25-28, 2014 – 2014 Jail Management Issues Conference
- Sep 14-17, 2014 –International Community Corrections Association (ICCA) 22nd Annual International Research Conference
- Sep 25-27, 2014 – Midwestern Criminal Justice Association (MCJA) 2014 Annual Meeting
- Sep 28-Oct 01, 2014 – The 2014 Women Working in Corrections and Juvenile Justice National Conference
- Oct 05-08, 2014 – International Association of Correctional Training Personnel Annual Trainers' Conference
- Oct 09-10, 2014 – Breakthrough Strategies to Teach and Counsel Troubled and Incarcerated Youth
- Portland, OR
- Oct 18-22, 2014 – National Conference on Correctional Health Care - Las Vegas, NV
- Nov 19-22, 2014 – American Society of Criminology (ASC) Annual Meeting
quote of the week
" Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right. "
– Henry Ford