Inmates and disposable razors>>what's your opinion?
we issue a single blade razor to each inmate upon arrival and exchange it once a week for a new one. if an inmate is caught with a broken razor or modified one they are held accountable for misconduct and loose razor. ....
Positive Psychology Alecia D. Chahine LMSW
Until recently, someone arrested for an incident exacerbated by mental illness, drugs or alcohol abuse would serve the sentence and then be released and referred to seek community services. Once released, if an inmate stopped taking his prescribed medications or started abusing substances again, he could end up in jail - again and again
Also this week:
- March – International – Highlighting corrections systems and personnel worldwide [Please send your articles/stories to firstname.lastname@example.org]
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Abraxas, a leader in the juvenile justice field, has openings for Youth Development Specialists. Abraxas, a GEO Group company, is a leading provider of innovative and quality treatment programs for youth, adults and families....
full job posting
- Feb 27, 2014 – Code 4 Public Safety Education Assoc., Inc- Surviving Tactically
- Feb 27, 2014 – DC Office on Returning Citizen Affairs - Reentry Forum- The Breakdown of the Black Family as a Result of Incarcerating Mothers
- Apr 03, 2014 – Health Reform and Criminal Justice: Advancing New Opportunities - Washington, D.C.
- Apr 05-08, 2014 – Spring Conference on Correctional Health Care- Atlanta, GA
- Apr 09, 2014 – Antiretroviral Therapy Treatment Update, Online webcast
- Apr 10-12, 2014 – 2014 Mental Health in Corrections Conference- Springfield, MO
- Apr 23-26, 2014 – NAAWS 2014 Training Conference- Memphis, TN
- Apr 27-30, 2014 – American Jail Association’s 33rd Annual Training Conference & Jail Expo- Dallas, TX
- May 01-02, 2014 – 6th Annual Inland Empire Gang Symposium- San Bernadino, CA
- Jun 11-14, 2014 – 2014 MASCA 76th Annual Conference - Washington, D.C.
- Jul 18-19, 2014 – Correctional Health Care Leadership Institutes - Denver, CO
- Jul 20-21, 2014 – Correctional Mental Health Care Conference - Denver, CO
- Oct 18-22, 2014 – National Conference on Correctional Health Care - Las Vegas, NV
quote of the week
Truth is the cry of all, but the game of the few.
— George Berkeley