By Robert Winters, JD, Professor, School of Criminal Justice, Purdue Global University
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Missouri prisons roll out electronic tablets for offenders to use
- Inmate found unresponsive in Hamilton County jail, dies
- Man Who Killed Newlywed During Robbery Set To Die In Texas
- Lobster dealers partner with Dept. of Corrections to find workers
- 3 Northern Nevada inmates die over weekend
- Two former Auburn inmates face additional charges for stabbing fellow inmates
- Escaped Inmate: Van used in escape has been found
- 2 inmates stabbed during prison fight
- Correction officers remain hospitalized after Yonkers shooting; grief counseling offered
- Rapid City woman organizes first female-led anti-meth rally in prison
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- ALABAMA COMPANY IS ON A MISSION TO IMPROVE CARE OF PEOPLE ADDICTED TO OPIOIDS IN AMERIC...
- NaphCare is Off to a Great Start Providing Healhcare in the Fulton County Jails
- Correctional Facilities Present Unique Environmental Challenges – GTL’s Technology is T...
- Securus Technologies Announces the Activation of Additional Wireless Containment Soluti...
- Industry Veteran Joins GTL as Executive Vice President of National Sales Team
The program interviews Joe Russo, Director, Corrections Technology Center of Excellence, funded by the National Institute of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, US Department of Justice. Joe addresses the use of GPS tracking of offenders, methods to search computers owned by offenders and additional corrections and law enforcement technology under development by the center.
The website is http://www.justnet.org .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was May 31, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Corrections and Custody 1
Washington State Penitentiary
Corrections Officer I
Larned Correctional Mental Health Facility