By Rachel Friederich, Washington Department of Corrections
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Alabama prisons agree to changes regarding suicidal inmates
- Michael Finn, Lakeland man serving life for murder of his wife, dies in state prison
- State Sen. Fontana to tour SCI Pittsburgh
- Middletown woman arrested in Fishkill correctional facility with marijuana
- Inmates clean up Flagstaff-area sled graveyard
- Four inmates charged with mutiny at HMP Birmingham
- Prisons chief testifies why they aren’t called ‘offenders’
- AL Dept. of Corrections agrees to 15-point suicide prevention plan
- Dept. of Corrections sees success at halfway houses
- AWOL Dane County inmate walks out fire exit, officials say
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Now Available: Securus' Investigator Pro™ with Searchable Voice Capability
- Securus Technologies Commits To Five (5) Year Funding For Prison Entrepreneurship Progr...
- Spectrum Health Systems President and CEO Charles Faris to Retire in July
- GTL Houston Expansion Project Reflects Continued Commitment to Best-in-Class Data Cente...
- Spectrum's President and CEO Recognized by the National Council for Behavioral Health f...
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Nurse Practitioner- Del Rio, TX
The GEO Group, Inc.
CoreCivic's Marion County Jail II is Now Hiring!