By Robert Kravitz, President AlturaSolutions
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Texas "Tourniquet Killer" set to be 1st inmate executed in U.S. this year
- Holcomb brings computer-training program for inmates to Indiana
- Authorities hunt for inmate who escaped Middle Tennessee Jail
- Inmate serving life sentence at SCI-Camp Hill jumped to his death
- Hampton man serving 168-year murder sentence dies of apparent suicide
- Minn. gets price tag for buying or leasing western Minn. prison
- NYC terror suspect offers to plead guilty to avoid death penalty, attorneys say
- Corrections official talks about drone delivery to inmates
- Carl Robinson Escapee in Custody
- Huerfano Correctional Facility to Lease 250 Beds
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Correctional Facilities Present Unique Environmental Challenges – GTL’s Technology is T...
- Flex Link Receives Underwriters Laboratory (UL) Component Recognition
- ConnectNetwork® Expands User Experience with New Photo Messaging Feature for Mobile Dev...
- Now Available: Securus' Investigator Pro™ with Searchable Voice Capability
- Securus Technologies Commits To Five (5) Year Funding For Prison Entrepreneurship Progr...
Interviews with Women Currently or Formerly Under Supervision Are Available
National Research on Women in the Justice System Available-Call for Factsheet
Recent Radio Show on Women Returning from Prison at:
Women in the criminal justice system have higher rates of substance abuse, physical and sexual violence, HIV, mental health and unemployment issues per national research. Approximately 7 in 10 women under correctional supervision have minor children.
Who: Current and past women under supervision, The Court Services and Offender
Supervision Agency, the US Attorney’s Office, the US Parole Commission, D.C. Healthy Start
Consortium and the Fairview Residential Reentry Center.
What: Speakers and Information Sessions
Where: Temple of Praise, 700 Southern Avenue, SE, Washington, D.C. 20032
When: Saturday, February 8 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Why: The Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency and allied organizations have implemented a comprehensive plan to increase services to women offenders. The annual Women’s Re-entry Forum is part of that plan.
Navigating Your Journey:
- Positive Reentry
- Economic Independence
- Education, Training, Employment, Nontraditional Jobs
- Dress for Success
The portal site for “DC Public Safety” is http://media.csosa.gov./ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was January 23, 2014
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
RNs Needed in the FL panhandle!
Centurion of Florida/MHM Services, Inc.
Deputy Warden -Operations
Management & Training Corp, North Central Correctional Complex