Contemplating becoming a co>>what's your opinion?
I am 35 years old, single mother of 2. Not in the worst shape but do not work out regularly, yet. I have a friend who was talking about an acquaintance who works as a Corrections Officer. The more I heard the more I was intrigued. I was a SAHM for many years and did not even finish my AA, I found myself without a career or education and with children to support. ....
Working it Off: Offenders Trade Jail Time, Fines Yvette Urrea Moe
Work it off, pay fines or go to jail. Sometimes a judge gives offenders a choice or a combination of the three consequences when they are sentenced for an offense. Most everyone is familiar with court-ordered community service in which offenders can work off time helping a community-based nonprofit organization or charity among other options. Then there’s the Probation Work Projects program, which is eight hours of manual labor specified in the court order as Public Service Program. Fines can be converted to work days which are equivalent to $100 a day...
Also this week:
- June – Minority issues – Challenges of managing minority populations, challenges minority practitioners face firstname.lastname@example.org]
Chief of Corrections
Under direction, organizes and directs the confinement of over 400 inmates, both parole violators and level 1 inmates, through subordinate correctional officers, service, educational, and management and clerical administrative staff and advises the City Manager on all matters relating to their confinement and administration of the Modified Community Correctional Facility (MCCF) contracted to the State of California ...
full job posting
- Jun 11-14, 2014 – 2014 MASCA 76th Annual Conference - Washington, D.C.
- Jun 21-25, 2014 – National Sheriff's Association Annual Conference and Exhibition - Fort Worth, TX
- Jul 18-19, 2014 – Correctional Health Care Leadership Institutes - Denver, CO
- Jul 20-21, 2014 – Correctional Mental Health Care Conference - Denver, CO
- Aug 03-06, 2014 – American Probation and Parole Association's 39th Annual Training Institute - New Orleans, LA
- Oct 09-10, 2014 – Breakthrough Strategies to Teach and Counsel Troubled and ncarcerated Youth
- Portland, OR
- Oct 18-22, 2014 – National Conference on Correctional Health Care - Las Vegas, NV
quote of the week
" The mind is everything. What you think you become. "