>> what's your opinion?
There is hope. I believe we as a society are coming full circle. I read recently an article in the Journal of psychiatric something or other that one of the proponents of decentralizing the regional asylums is now lobbying to return to centralized treatment centers that he so adamantly worked against in the 70’s. However he would like to see more safeguards in place to prevent the abuses that led to the dismantling of the previous system. I agree with him there must be better oversight of potential abuse of the mentally ill much in the way of PREA regulations...
view full thread
Our July topic looks at what practitioners do in their leisure time. Now, this can include, proactive areas, areas for improvement, so-called bad habits, and other. Of course our age and physical condition may prohibit some activities. This may also include shift work that may be different than your family schedule. Also, you may be single, have no children, etc...
read full story
Also this week:
Under administrative supervision, the Corrections Officer performs duties to ensure the safety and security of all inmates and staff in the jail facility. This position maintains that level of security while conducting the operations of the jail at the County Sheriff’s office. This position affects the operation of the department as well as the well-being of inmates, county employees and the public. The work involves addressing a variety of problems and situations...
>> view full job posting
- July 28-29, 2017 - Correctional Health Care Leadership Institutes
- July 30-31, 2017 - Correctional Mental Health Care Conference
- July 30-Aug04, 2017 - 72nd Annual United States Deputy Wardens Association Conference
- Aug 17-20, 2017 - ASCA Summer Conference
- Aug 18-22, 2017 - ACA's 147th Congress of Correction
- Sept 05-08, 2017 - The 58th Annual KCCD Conference
- Oct 04-06, 2017 - Midwest Region ASCA Conference
- Oct 06-08, 2017 - Northeast Region ASCA Conference
- Oct 12-13, 2017 - Breakthrough Management Strategies for Juvenile Justice Workers
- Oct 14-17, 2018 - 2018 Women Working in Corrections & Juvenile Justice Conference
Less is only more where more is no good.
- Frank Lloyd Wright