>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

ACA supervisor certification worth it

Subscribe to ACA supervisor certification worth it 3 posts, 3 voices

Login to reply

Male user Charles Dively 2 posts

Each state treats certification and experience differently Some state are post certified others are not. Check with the state you are applying. Certification will most likely help you get hired although I can’t image ANY organization not wanting to hire you with only experience. MN is a vet friendly yellow ribbon organization and we actively support our vets so the certification would not be necessary but would be welcomed..

Male user Sgt520 1 post

I have nearly 20 years in a local Detention Center which is run by the sheriff’s office. I have chaired new employee oral boards. In my experience, Laterals come in at a higher rate, but it’s because they already have certification through the state’s accreditation. That said, every bit of extra experience and training is taken into consideration for the purposes of scoring and applicant. So 20 years of active service in corrections to include Gitmo and you want to go into civilian corrections upon retirement? God Bless you, I am so looking forward to being a Wal~Mart greeter.

Male user guzey 1 post

Hey all first post,

I’m a army corrections officer with 11 1/2 years experience covering duties such as Shu shift leader, assistant watch commander, vocational shop supervisor, Guantanamo bay and normal gen pop and Shu positions.

I plan to do 20 years active duty and retire.

The question I gave is do civilian employers actually care about someone being a Ava accredited corrections supervisor?

Will it give preference during hiring ? Or increased pay

Thanks a bunch,

Guzey

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015