>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Controlling diabetes

Subscribe to Controlling diabetes 13 posts, 13 voices

Login to reply

Male user arnav 4 posts

Each type of diabetes has some unique symptoms and causes but basically to control blood sugar is one of the major things of diabetes treatment. There is such a program Diabetes Treatment in 72hrs which is going to be held at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 21 – 23 February 2020 so get enroll yourself now to reverse diabetes.

Female user jennifer 1 post

good article

Male user redball12345... 1 post

gdsgsd

Male user phamyen 1 post

great article, I was very impressed about it, wish you would have stayed next share

Female user arianapham01 3 posts

Wonderful article, thanks for putting this together

Female user Linda 1 post

Thank you for that information you article

Female user contomlon 5 posts

Pam I have had luck controlling some inmates sugar levels that uses pills and or insulin by closely monitoring thier caloric intake. These diabetics are usually borderline. I have had some inmate that will intentional increase their sugar intake because they want a field trip out of the jail. They know they get to go to the ER. slope

Buckeye flag Mudflap 293 posts

He RevRed. Welcome to the zoo.

Restricting what an inmate can purchase at commissary will certainly keep him from buying certain things, but how do you control what his buddy buys for him?

Female user RevRed 1 post

At our institution, we restrict what the diabetic inmate may purchase at the commissary if his A1C is >10.

Female user LadyArkin 9 posts

The problem with controlling diabetes in jails is that it can’t happen under the current system. Unless the jail system is willing to cut out all diabetes related food and feed inmates a 100% organic, fresh, detoxing diet, nothing will happen.

I’ve actually thought about this at length.

An inmate comes in. Immediatly, this person should go into a detox program. 100% organic, and 100% raw food. No cooked food. No sugar. No simple carbs or protien. Scheduled exercise/yoga and meditation hours worked into thier time. After 3 months this person is level, detoxed, and doesn’t have the usual chemicals interfereing with their brain chemistry. This person is thinking clearly and ready to go into a prison environment where their food is upgraded to a organic, clean, and somewhat cooked food.

This kind of system would save the prison/jail systems billions of dollars since most prisons could organize their own gardens to provide thier own food. The money that would be saved on medications and medical staffing alone would be worth the effort. The health of the staff serving the prison would also go up, days lost from work due to illness would go down, and the overall costs of health insurance would plummet.

Female user GoodSource RD 4 posts

Pam, there has been a great deal of research showing that diabetes can be controlled affectively via diet and lifestyle, however, in teh with offenders this is a bit more difficult. I would start by discussing this with your dietitians as they can asses the caloric intake adn general carbohydrates in the diet. As a dietitian I feel that there is a lot that can be done with diet. I bet you’re paying a lot for your medications! Thanks

Female user sotxmedic 4 posts

Pam I have had luck controlling some inmates sugar levels that uses pills and or insulin by closely monitoring thier caloric intake. These diabetics are usually borderline. I have had some inmate that will intentional increase their sugar intake because they want a field trip out of the jail. They know they get to go to the ER.

Male user jmonta 43 posts

How can you help offenders control their diabetes without using medication?

Pam Erskine TDCJ Human Resources 936-437-3106 Pam.Erskine@tdcj.state.tx.us

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015