>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Your department's take on long guns for jail SERT/CERT

Subscribe to Your department's take on long guns for jail SERT/CERT 2 posts, 2 voices

Login to reply

Srt misc 266 Striker 34 posts

In the DR&C in Ohio..the SRT teams and STAR sometimes use Mini-14’s. We train with them sometimes but have never seen them in use. We also have TRT teams (sniper) for the state..they use the Remington 700 TWS.

Male user untouchable_1 4 posts

My administration is finally listening to it’s senior operators concerning the use of long guns(other than shotguns). My team handles High Risk Transports to courts, medical runs, ect. Recently we were asked to transport a high ranking STG member to another jurisdictions jail, via dept vehicles. My Dept. has its own stand alone SWAT team and our team(SERT) in the Jail. We have worked with SWAT in the past, however, if we can keep it strictly jail operators to conduct jail operations, I think it benefits my dept in the long run. Thus, my question, what are some of your dept.s policies on the use of long guns for large County Jail High Risk Transports operations. I need arguments for issues other than being out gunned.

Thank you Sgt. Rocco J. Lepore SERT TeamLeader Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Clark County Detention Center

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015