>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Contraband Bust

Subscribe to Contraband Bust 23 posts, 8 voices

Login to reply

Remle riflepg irish assassin 286 posts

“I got the shakes that’ll make you quake. I got the fries that’ll cross your eyes. I got the burgers…. Well I just got burgers.”

Sorry had to lighten the mood a lil bit.

Correction officer jamestown0509 313 posts

Sad to hear that MTA. Certainly difficult for any parent to accept that. Thank’s for doing what you can in corrections.

Getty rf photo of cat and praying mantis Campi 227 posts

Well I hope Karma gets them in the end. I prefer eye for an eye method. But sadly they consider that kind of punishment cruel even though the victim suffered an agonizing end yet they shouldn’t be subjected to one themselves. I find that thought process to be bull @^%$.

Female user mta7035 33 posts

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I got into corrections because my son got himself in trouble and I knew nothing about how corrections worked. I only knew what I saw on television and knew that there had to be good people in jails and prisons who would look after my child despite the fact that he was an inmate. I believed then and still believe that sometimes good people do bad things and they should pay for their crimes. It doesn’t mean that they can’t change. I hoped that going to prison would make the difference in my son’s view of the world. I can honestly say that Michael did tell me stories of things he did learn about finding himself and learning things about being a man that he gleaned from having talks with some really wise C.O.‘s. I don’t know who they were but I thank them from my heart. Being in this job, I know that to be true.
The three punks involved in killing my son were such sad little boys, aged 19, 22, and 25, that I couldn’t even be mad at them. I was and still am sad for their families. Unfortunately, the families of the victims as well as the convict pay in one way or another.

Mta like others I have deep sympathy for your loss. It’s bad enough to lose your child in an accident or illness let alone in that manner. Our thoughts are with you.

Male user commander 277 posts

MTA, I am very sorry for your loss. I can’t fathom what that would be like. I am so close to my 3 granddaughters, I know it would kill me. Again, Deeply sorry MTA.

MTA, I am very sorry for your loss. I can’t fathom what that would be like. I am so close to my 3 granddaughters, I know it would kill me. Again, Deeply sorry MTA.

I’m sorry to hear about your loss mta. There is no way anyone could ever repay that kind of debt to anyone.

That is the shame I think they should be paying back their debt to you. I think working a job digging out septic tanks by hand then sending you every cent they make for the rest of their lives wouldn’t get close but it sure as hell would be better then what they are doing now.

Female user mta7035 33 posts

@ Irish Assassin: Great point. being the mother of a murdered child myself, it irks the hell out of me when I hear these inmates complain and their families call with crap about what they don’t have or how awful the jail is. Hell, my tax dollars help keep the three dirtbags that killed him in a place that’s at least safe, warm, and with three meals and almost better medical care than my $600 a month insurance will cover!!!!

Captain america K9Apache 1 post

Thanks to Slim for posting the link to this article. Well done KVSP in stopping the introduction of the contraband. Very Good Find indeed! I always wonder why the ‘family’ is so worried once ‘Little Johnny’ is incarcerated, were they prior?
Are those burgers really that good? lol. Stay Safe and stay Alert!

Wonder what would happen if a bunch of crime victims called in and complained about all the extra worthless crap inmates get.

Untitled Slim 57 posts

I hate when grandma calls. She’s all worried about about why her poor baby doesn’t get fed and has no blankets, and how she can’t afford to send money because she is on a fixed income. Then you get to tell her that her favorite granchild is a liar, and that he probably only needs money to pay off drug debts.

I love when the inmates call their homes when they do not get what they want and mammy calls the prison and talks to some higher up who clearly knows better and then he gets what ever the hell he wants.

Don’t you guys love it when some grandma calls the facility and asks if she can send the inmate cupcakes?

In the words of one of my past LT’s… “Thats a good find”. But for some reason I can’t stop thinking of Cheeseburger Eddie from the Longest Yard.

Riot helmet Mick 307 posts

Slim The Burgers are what I found surprising. I know that most prisons wouldn’t allow food from outside to be given to inmates. And deducing from what you said about the Burgers not being contaband for staff . I would be inclined to think that a member of staff or family member of staff was involved

Excellent catch…contraband comes in from all sources, let’s hope it wasn’t a CO..

Untitled Slim 57 posts

Oh, by the way Mick, I can’t go into details because it is confidential, but KVSP has an electrified fence. It is highly unlikely that they threw the bags over the fence.

Untitled Slim 57 posts

I don’t work KVSP, so I only know what was in the article. I would assume someone brought the contraband in for the inmates. If so, I hope they catch them. As for the cheeseburgers, they are not contrabnd for staff to bring in, but the inmates are not allowed to have them. Maybe the person bringing them in forgot his lunch when he made the pass? Could be the cheeseburgers were meant to throw off the dogs.Either way, I’m sure a cheesburger from Carls Junior is almost as valuble as the drugs to the inmates.

Riot helmet Mick 307 posts

Good Bust. Were the Back packs being left in for inmates or tossed over the fence? And if they were being left in is food from outside the prison permitted?

Looks like an outstanding bust to me. Very good job, well done.

Untitled Slim 57 posts

Check here if you would like to see a real nice bust of contraband at Kern Valley State Prison in California.

http://www.pacovilla.com/?p=80499

Pictures are included.

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015