>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Ohio DRC

Subscribe to Ohio DRC 41 posts, 12 voices

Login to reply

Flag shakey 191 posts

RiCI here, Love my post and customers (not I/M’s). Oh, and most of my co-workers also.

Buckeye flag Mudflap 293 posts

I’m not impressed with our union. Local union leadership look out for themselves and not the rank and file officers. But we DO have those who work hard for us, so I can’t paint them all with the same brush.

Seems like those who care can’t do anything and those that can do something don’t care.

Nobody would have had much leverage at the bargaining table this year, though. I’ve heard some CO’s say we should have gone for a one year extension of the contract and see how the economy goes, and that makes sense, but I don’t have any idea if that was an option.

I don’t vote “for”…. I’m always voting “against” or voting for the lesser of the two evils… but the lesser of two evils is still evil. A 6% (or whatever) pay cut is a heck of a lot better than 100%, but we’ve lost more than the general public realizes, and I we won’t be getting those things back.

Lion Comfortably ... 154 posts

I thought it was pretty strange that nothing was getting out to the papers about the MANCI incidents while voting for the contract was going on, then low and behold as soon as the votes were tallied and turned in, our wonderful union issues a statement and hits the press with it, a week and a half later. This union of ours is a joke. I would love to drop them for a better one that actually has some leverage at the bargaining table.

I’m with you… It’s TRUE that great minds think alike!!!!!!!!

Our TO was low enough that the few that did bump to CO didn’t force anyone out of a job, because we had plenty of openings. Our admin got moved around, got different titles, and some actually went up a pay grade due to it. How much sense does that make?

Getting ready for the next round of cuts coming. I know they were just waiting for this sad, pathetic excuse for a contract to get approved before they drop the ax again.

Sorry it took so looooooong to respond! No excuse for that. Psheesh!

None of the admin spots were given different titles. They’re gone. A few of the lower eschelon personnel bumped back to a CO slot, but most transferred to a different facility and got a slightly lower position.

Sounds like it’s nothing like up where you are!

Garfield Irishsprig 16 posts

Hey guys, just got hooked up on this site! Wanted to ask mudflap how did you lose administration? Up here they just moved them around and gave them different titles.

Been away longer than I thought. Got a new ‘puter and didn’t transfer all of my old files, and I actually forgot I had joined this particular site!!!

I’m at Hocking, and we’ve been hit hard with upper management losses. We’ve also lost a couple of CO’s when some support staff bumped them. (As most ODRC people know, a CO can go to a different job and then go back to a CO if they do it before a set number of years. That’s what has happened with us.)

Has anyone peeped out that spot on MySpace?

Yeah, luckily it hasn’t been the officers…..yet.

Tue 020 okie 6 posts

Ohio DR&C is getting slammed with cuts.

What institutions are you guys at? LORCI here.

Male user ohiogreenshirt 5 posts

Hey mudflap, nice to see another buckeye!

Mudflap, how bad is your place getting hit with the cuts?

Riot helmet Mick 307 posts

Try This Site. http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=groups.groupProfile&groupid=103477571&Mytoken=186BE588-0B53-42AF-A189EE92F25EEB8420170543

Eagle and flag JuvieJailer 3 posts

Possibly due to the use of other larger websites made for a larger range of careers, personalities et.

Another new member. Been in corrections since ‘93. Had no idea there was a site dedicated to corrections! Shoulda known, though. Right now I’m looking this site over to see what it’s all about. Doesn’t look like there’s a lot of activity. Why not?

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015