>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Lockdown Cell

Subscribe to Lockdown Cell 2 posts, 2 voices

Login to reply

Riot helmet Mick 307 posts

We use padded cells for lock down. The reason being that the prisoners that are being put into them are usually being violent during the process. The padding prevents injury to both Officers and prisoner. And prevents self harm while on lock down. The way ours are designed is with a double door system. The interior of the cell is about 1/2 the size of a normal cell. The bed is a plain concrete plinth covered with a foam padding as are the walls and door. A stainless steel “Squat” style toilet flush with the floor. A stainless steel Sink embedded into a concrete plinth provides washing facilities. Ours also contain a sprinkler system with 40 gallons of freezing cold water to prevent and attempts at burning any part of the cell or smoking. (They learn very quickly when they set it off and are left to sit in the wet for a few hours) As you exit the cell you come to a “sally port” between the inner and outer door. This “Sterile” area prevents communication between prisoners. And also in this area is a drain so that if the inmate decides to flood the cell with the sprinkler or sink the rest of the landing is not affected.

Male user TBROWN1847 1 post

HELLO, I’M A DEPUTY SHERIFF AND LOOKING INTO REDESIGNING THE LOCKDOWN CELLS AT THE JAIL WERE I WORK. I’M WANTING ANY ONE WHO WORKS IN A CORRECTIONAL FACILITY TO RESPOND AND TELL ABOUT THE LAYOUT OF THE LOCKDOWN CELLS AND ANY LAW SUITS IF ANY BECAUSE OF THE WAY THE CELL IS CONSTRUCTED. THANKS!

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015