>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

HERO

Subscribe to HERO 2 posts, 2 voices

Login to reply

Female user Kellie 14 posts

Why is anyone labled a “Hero” in any field? It is actions not occupation that makes a hero! I don’t consider myself a hero just because I work in corrections!

Flag shakey 191 posts

Just read a spot about this title, just like to get other C/O’s ideals about what a hero is and if we fall into that catigory.

I mean, just because we choose to work in this field, does that alone justify the title. It seems that we are cheapening the name HERO by placing it of everyone that carries a badge.

We all know that there are some officers in our chosen fields that should not be allowed to spell gun let alone carry one, who are lazy, careless,shit starters,problem magnets, should they be grouped under this “HERO” umbrella.

Or should there be some kind of criteria that has to be meet to achive this title, to me it should fall into the same realm as the “Silver star” where you strive to be the very best and make very demanding sacrifices, not just fill out a application and it’s your.

Just looking for other opinons.

I’ve about seen it all with 28 years of carring a badge, from Law enforcment to Corrections. I just think it should be attached to a deed, not the uniform.

Please excuse my typos.

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015