>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Privitazation of some of Ohios' prisons

Subscribe to Privitazation of some of Ohios' prisons 38 posts, 14 voices

Login to reply

Buckeye flag Mudflap 293 posts

Thanks for the response, Racks. I don’t understand either, but I’m trying to figure it out.

At this moment in time my understanding is that “they” are looking at privatizing sections such as maybe food service and/or medical. Right now they’re only looking at it, but it’s one of the things on the table.

Male user on your racks 4 posts

One of the Marion Joints here… personally dont beleive privatization will fly. Look at LaECI’s cost per day the check out RiCI, Belmont, or NCCI’s. All 3 state institutions are (or were as of this posting) less per day per inmate, and all have 2000 plus inmates versus 1500 or so at Lake Erie. How the hell do they figure they are saving money?

HEY SHAKEY What do you think happened to Mick, Comfortable Numb, and some of the others who used to at least check in here now and again? They seem to have disappeared.

Not ONLY because of pay. There’s a lot more to be considered. What do you guys who work in private prisons think of Ohio going partially private? Are there any posters who work in a private joint here?

Female user sissy 2 posts

I THINK IT SHOULD NOT BE PRIVATIZED. CAUSE OF LESS PAY.

Flag shakey 191 posts

hey did they realy get rid of the spammers??

Flag shakey 191 posts

it won’t let me post a E-mail address?? so I’ll do it this way (shakey at thewavz.net)

100 5886 Sarge276 45 posts

I guess that’s nice, weathers turning colder, CO’s need jackets too I guess… And boots. Boots are good… Can’t see doing this job in heels tho, but then again Beth Chapman seems to do an OK job bounty hunting in them… Thanks for the ad wangbeibei521.

Now if I just new where to get some hot sauce… Shakey?

I’ve tried several times to make a coherent response to this thread but always climb up on a soap box get carried away.

100 5886 Sarge276 45 posts

I think it depends on what private agency is running the institution. I haven’t heard anything bad about North Fork, but LCF and DCF are often referred to as “Gladiator School” (also private). I’ve heard numerous war stories about Lawton, haven’t heard as much about Davis recently, but it has it’s history. Arkansas was using Wackenhut (spelling?) for a while, but things got so bad that the state took over all private prisons. I do agree with FordSVT that corrections should be uniform, either all state ran, or all private ran by the same company under one contract.

Img00657 dethurmond 1 post

I know that this is a older post but being a Correctional Officer at a private prison – North Fork Correctional Facility (CCA) Sayre, OK. Private Prisons work for some states and for some states they do not work. In most cases private prisons does not take over the state system. It does save the state alot of money and in most cases the security and treatment of the inmates are the same if not better. If anyone would like more information feel free to let me know.

Svt FordSVT 60 posts

These types of situations never work. Same as private healthcare, in Canada anyway.
Does anyone have deep enough pockets to run an institution? Or even want to??
Corrections needs to be uniform across the board from state to state and Provinces as well.

Srt misc 266 Striker 34 posts

What do workers of Ohios’ prisons think of this?

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015