>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Police have no clue what we do

Subscribe to Police have no clue what we do 38 posts, 11 voices

Login to reply

Getty rf photo of cat and praying mantis Campi 227 posts

How can people really just want to spend their life in a oblivious state strung out on anything they can get blows my mind. The fact that inmates have been caught drinking the toilet bowl cleaner to get high just is nuts. Why can’t we just grind them up and use them to fertilize fields in 3rd world countries so they can actually contribute something to society other then carbon monoxide also escapes me.

Correction officer jamestown0509 313 posts

Absolutely right about alcohol wipes, keep them secured. Inmates will ask for them to wipe their faces, etc. What they are doing is snorting them for a high.

Untitled Slim 57 posts

The salt trick has been around awhile. Hand Sanitizer was removed from our prison after several inmates OD’d on the stuff. Some of the dummys don’t even bother to seperate it.

Remle riflepg irish assassin 286 posts

The salt in sanitizer trick has been around for awhile. I had some old time CO on third shift show me that one when I first hired in. Another thing they used to do was try and steal the alcohol wipes from the infirmary and wring them out. Gross.

Male user commander 277 posts

Never heard of that one Transporter. Good one though. They are ingenious when it comes to ways around the law. Guess that is why they are better at being inmates then regular people.

Horn toad Transporter 41 posts

oops! should have read “the salt and other ingreients drop to the bottom.”

Horn toad Transporter 41 posts

I recently discovered a new twist in the making of alcoholic substances. The inmates on seg pod were asking the nurse for salt after they went to the dentist. Reportedly for rinsing after an extraction. They would then buy hand sanitizer from commissary. In case you were not aware…When you put table salt in a cup half full of alcohol based hand sanitizer it will have an interesting effect. The salt and other ingredients while the alcohol remains suspended on top. Then they drink that crap. lol We have since banned the buying of hand sanitizer off commissary.

Isr DT Instructor 108 posts

Even with the abundance of weed and tobacco here at my institution hooch is probably bigger than both recently. There are a lot of drunks running around here.

Have you often find homemade “hooch” in a cell? We had one inmate who stole a latex glove then stuck peaches and oranges in a plastic glass with the glove on top. All the fingers stood up from the fermenting so you could see it from 10 feet away. So on a block check we said that he had hooch in the cell and of course he replied, “oh no CO I would never do that.”

Ugh… I used to get those kinds of bottles from Sam’s Club. I’ll never be able to look at generic hot sauce the same way again.

I remember an inmate who had a rather large bottle of hot sauce. Now this was not the brightest inmate in the world. This bottle of hot sauce was not the kind you see at your Mexican restaurant. It was much larger like the one that look more along the size of the quart bottles. Now in a prison setting they are made of plastic. So the bottle was inserted into his rectum. He didn’t relax enough or what not but somehow it got crushed and in doing so broke. He not being bright had forgotten to empty the bottle before use. So needless to say he was sent out to the hospital where a young nurse doing her clinical who had exceptionally small hands got the joy of extracting it. The next day every inmate in the chow hall had a bottle of hot sauce with a long string tied around it and the new quote of the day was a loud and distressed voice screaming “It burns so good”.

Commander, don’t forget about “Balogna Butt”. The guy in K6 that got caught with a smoked sausage from the chow hall wrapped in a rubber glove.

That reminds me of the inmate who swallowed Thorazine mixed with cough syrup to make himself go to sleep. Well it did, we took him to the hospital where they pumped his stomach out by pushing two tubes down each of his nostrils. When he came back he told me, “man I will never do that again.” Oh, an inmate filed a grievance because he demanded “dental floss.” The Warden wrote back to him and told him no way in hell is any inmate getting dental floss.

We never had issues with dill pickles. Banannas and carrots maybe. My old prison is a maximum security all male prison. We had a guy one night who made a home made dildo and then got it stuck in his rectum. I had to send him out on a Medical Round Trip. The two Officers I sent out with him were instructed by me not to make fun of him. LOL… When he came back in a few hours, he begged me to put him in the hole on the slammer side (one inside door and one solid front slammer door). When I asked why he stated, “I have never been so insulted in my life. These two guys you sent with me didn’t stop until you opened the receiving door.” I laughed and told him that I knew my Officers would never do anything like that. For about a month, when the inmate walked to chow, everyone,, other inmates included, would grabbed their ass and let out a squeal.

Male user CO34 2 posts

Good point Mick we all are on the same team.But they drive them to the jail.And always ask for correctional officers to help bring the prisoner up.So we do but in today’s economic times there short officers on the street and were short officers in the jail.We always help.But we got this one officer that asked for our help like usual we went and helped but the inmate was no problem.We asked him why he asked for officers to help he said “Because the guy shit himself I didn’t want to get him out of the car”. Wow!! We have to live with them 5 days a week.Cops give them a ride and than there job is done.P.S I still love my job.Most the cops I work with are really cool and would hate are job.And are very understanding and back us up 110 %.

Hahahaaa….. Someones baking the bread and I’m pretty sure it’s gonna be sourdough.

The breaks smell like jackmack……..

Dream car BridgeportCO 63 posts

I think out of all of the things I’ve heard and read, the one that disturbs me the most is the fact our facility had to quit selling dill pickles because apparently women get pretty desperate…..I know I can’t judge, I’ve never been in their situation, but ew.

You are right about the baby oil. We knew a snitch who went to state prison that started his same old “I know something” trick. A couple of inmates went into his bunk threw a can of baby oil mixed with peanut butter on him then set him on fire. From what we hear he had severe 2nd degree burns. Some of the Hispanic inmates love to use a large tuna fish can lid to slice up other inmates or bend it into a shank..

Also want to look out for “stingers”. Usually two peices of metal with an insulator or some sort in the middle, tied together with wire of some sort and wires for an electrical plug. They drop it in a bowl of liquid (usually water for coffee or soup) and plug it in. Takes only a few seconds and it’s damn near boiling hot. On the minor annoyance side these things trip the circuit breakers and cause other little problems. On the major end they can short out and cause serious damage and or injuries. Lastly they are dangerous scince some inmates like to heat up a bowl of water (or worst one i seen baby oil) to the boiling point and throw it on someone. Causes some very nasty and painful burns.

Holy crap, I would never have figured that kind of stuff out! Research, here I come, cause I want to know what to look for.

Kind of hard to explain Bridgeport but here goes, you make a barrel out of a hardened newspaper or magazine. Then you use batteries as a source to ignite (in place of firing pin, you use wiring for the ignition, stuff pieces of metal down the barrel, aim and fire. They used to make match bombs. Take a pill bottle, fill it with match heads, put the lid on, poke a tiny hole in the side, use toilet paper rolled into a wick, light it and set it on the range. Only made a loud bang but scared the Jesus out of you. Homemade lighter is made with a battery and paperclip. All kind of neat little things they use.

Is it weird that I tried on riot gear today and my adrenaline shot through the roof? Commander, how in the heck do things like a zip gun work?? No, I’m not going to make one, I just like knowing as much as I can.

Commander I would be very careful about doing that job. I have friends who are probation officers that are required to make home visits. They all wear bulletproof vests and sidearms. Nothing like going un-announced into a crack house or worse. Stay safe.

I agree with yall. But, Mick, have you ever seen a zip gun???? Made from rolled up magazine or newspaper and they fire pieces of metal. Hurt like a ****************************************. I do have a lot of respect for all law enforcement. Their beat is definately non desirable. Since my retirement, I became an auxillary Deputy Bailiff. I have went on a few drug runs with the Chief Bailiff. We go to check on people on paper. Have more lee way than the cops. If they are on paper, we knock, they don’t answer, we come in anyway. It is fun but, you never know what is waiting for you on the other side of the door. In Prison, I could usually figure out what they were doing.

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015