>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Total newbee

Subscribe to Total newbee 6 posts, 6 voices

Login to reply

We can do it OfficerNew 10 posts

Any update on your new employment? Love to hear how it went as a soon to be new CO…in CA.

Male user mike 1 post

I know what your talking about im coming from Salinas valley in ca level 5 yard im new at the moment im working at coaling state hospital with sexual valiant people you always watch whos behind you I so want my level 1 yaed back however the state sent me back from dcdr to dmh so sucks mike mike .tranchita@aol.com lets talk talk soon

Remle riflepg irish assassin 286 posts

Watch, listen and learn. Also use common sense and good judgement at all times. Things can go bad in a hurry so be prepared. One last thing, if you don’t know what to do then ask someone who does. We were all new at some point, so good luck and be safe.

Riot helmet Mick 307 posts

Watch what the veterans do. But don’t try pretend to the inmates that you know more than you do. They will know you are green. Be firm but fair. You are not going to save the world so don’t try you will only end up looking silly. Your voice and the tone you use it in is your best tool. And most importantly relax and enjoy the ride. And welcome to your new life.

Male user Alex 16 posts

Good luck, be safe. Not turning complacent is the hardest part of the job. The fact this or that ‘never happen’ is because someone is doing their job, not because it will never happen.

Male user chipperi 2 posts

Ok I am hired and start Monday after next on my first shift. Have my uniforms and my gear issued. Went out and bought a good pair of Danner Acadias, a long handcuff key, a decent small flashlight, and a sturdy metal key holder that will fit my duty belt. Going on Vacation next week before I start. I am excited as hell. A government career after my previous job going to China. I am looking to suck up as much info as I can here, was thinking about joining corrections one but having them verify me may not look good to my dept. I will be working at a 600 capacity regional jail in Tennessee run by a local Sheriff’s Office.

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015